The management and staff of Palmer Civil Construction recognise the nature of our operations has the capacity to impact on the environment.
We mitigate the risk through the rigorous implementation of our Environmental Policy using an Integrated Management System
which complies with AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004.We further manage risk by:
- strictly adhering to environmental laws, regulations, code of practice, permits and licences;
- utilising technology to reduce carbon emissions and our environmental footprint;
- educating our workforce on compliance and ensuring any environmental matters likely to affect their work is clearly communicated;
- thoroughly investigating any environmental incidents, identifying the root cause and instigating corrective actions;
- regularly reviewing our operations to assess our environmental performance; and
- ensuring that all suppliers, contractors, subcontractors and visitors operate in accordance with our policy.
In addition, our plant and machinery undergoes extensive inspection and maintenance throughout its working life. All Plant and Equipment is thoroughly cleaned and serviced prior to deployment and can be delivered with relevant “Weed and Seed” certification if required.